Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5: Turn around...

I have something of a plot now! After killing Percy, I was afraid of the future, for I knew not how my novel was to proceed. And then I made a decision and the light of inspiration shone on me.


Yeah, I introduced a new female character who will be Wilson's partner and potentially his love interest. I wasn't planning on making his partner a girl, but then I decided "what the heck" and did it anyway. Then, based on a scene I had written earlier on the spur of the moment between Wilson and Marie, this introduction of the partner could lead to conflict for Wilson between his love for her and his devotion to Marie. Oh yes, it is going to be good.
Also, I changed Percy's name. Originally, Percy Fonway was supposed to be the Persephone to Hayden's Hades (my names are so subtle, yes?). But it got changed a little now (what with Percy dying and all) and I didn't want to just let it all fall apart like that. So I'm changing Percy's last name to Williams and the new character I just introduced is Salem Fonway. I like her.

I feel good about this novel again.

Anyway, total word count as of yesterday was 15,717. I hit a groove last night after introducing Salem and ended up writing like 4900 words. Could have broke 5k, but I had to wake up early this morning and wasn't paying too much attention to wordcount then.

No comments:

Post a Comment