Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 28: Near-the-end angst...

Through all of NaNo, with all of its highs and lows (mostly lows for some reason this year), I haven't felt as apprehensive as I have about the next few days. I have to figure out how to try and wrap it up in two days. I know that I could just focus on writing 50k and worry about finishing it later, but I really want to get it completely done. I have other stuff I want to get done in December and don't want to be finishing a project that I feel like I am obligated to finish in November. Feeling obligated is never a good sign for a writing project in my experience.

And, try as I might today to get to the action, I ended up writing a thousand word flashback. And it is the flashbacks that are really making me nervous. Originally, the flashbacks were supposed to be integral to the character relationship development, but since that subplot idea sort of went bye-bye what with the way things have worked out, the flashbacks really seem to serve no purpose. So unless I can pull something out of thin air in the finale to make them pay off (actually, writing that gave me an idea... maybe this won't be so bad), I have several thousand words of flashbacks that are serving no purpose other than to be wordcount padding. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment