Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 3: Of character deaths...

I'm at at a total of 9022 words as of last night (haven't actually written anything today... been doing homework and paper writing and whatnot). And... I killed my main viewpoint character Percy.




Yeah. I did. The character that I had sort of an idea for a plot for and everything is now dead at only two chapters in. He just wasn't doing it for me. He was whiny and incompetent and all in all not interesting to read. So I killed him. Wish me luck because I really have very little idea how I'm going from here. It did serve as an effective introduction to Wilson though, so I think he will carry Percy's burden here on in. I think. I dunno. We'll see how this all goes. It was a spur of the moment decision and I don't regret it yet, so I guess it can't be too bad.



I realized that this NaNo, I am actually using contractions. I think if I wasn't using contractions, I'd have at least five hundred more words. I have been spelling out numbers though. Maybe I should start using contractions. Last NaNo I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment